Wicks Electric is honoured to be contracted to update the electrical panels and more at the historic Hycroft House! Construction began on Hycroft in 1909 and was completed in 1911. In addition to the present house and coach house, there were stables, a swimming pool, an Italian garden, a tea house, pergolas, statuary, and a children’s playhouse. When the McRae family moved into Hycroft in the summer of 1911 it quickly became the centre of the social scene in Vancouver. The Edwardian Clubhouse in Old Shaughnessy was purchased in 1962 by the University Women’s Club of Vancouver. Members enjoy use of the house and gardens as a home away from home in the city, and for meetings and social gatherings.